Coffee On A Soapbox

Warning, what your are about read may have been written in a passionate flury with too much coffee

Sunday, October 08, 2006

School and this blog

I guess I didn't realized all the people reading this blog aren't aware of all my comings and goings. Also important I didn't realized the people that knew about my blog and the people that didn't. I got an email from my mother with a short note saying she wished she knew about the blog sooner. I really didn't broadcast I had one, people just found out. That's what I told her. Funny how I started this thing as just a place to think out loud because of my stressful job and now my life is so different. I was planning to just rant, but really it's just a newspaper on my life (however important or unimportant). I have less to complain about and less time to think. (Personally I think office jobs allow to much thinking time and not enough doing time, but that could have just been the business I was in, Katie and Shannon would definitely disagree with me on that matter.) I estimated I spend up to 60 hours with work, school, and homework and that leaves little time to do anything other than rest and a few (ok more than a few) TV shows. So mom I'm sorry I didn't tell you (and sorry to any one else). And the answer to Jer and Amanda's question is I'm going to Northwestern College. I love it!!! I never thought I'd say something like that about school. It's stressful and hard and interesting and hard and time consuming and hard, did I mention hard? Every syllabus I print I stress out until the class starts and I get into a grove with the new professor. And I've had some great ones. So far I've taken a Discipleship, History and Bible Study class. The Bible Study class was my favorite so far. We got to chose a passage of the Bible and study it for 3 weeks. I now realize how pastors can preach for so long. The Word of God is so intense. I knew that before the class, but now I realize all the steps that happen and when a pastor uses words like "wrestle" and "study" and "meditate" in sermons I now have a glimpse to what they mean. My next class is Art Appreciation and once again I'm intimidated. I have to do an art project!!! I have to emulate a famous artist. YIKES!!!! Well we'll see if I carry my A average over to this class. THAT'S RIGHT AN A AVERAGE!!! What a difference learning as an adult can make. Mrs. Baron is definitely right, learning and cartoons are wasted on the young.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger the johnson crew said…

    good job liz...way to get all A's that is awesome! i am realy proud of you for going back to school!
    janelle

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are a winner! I always knew it! Mothers just know.
    Howcum not blogging lately?
    Mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home