Coffee On A Soapbox

Warning, what your are about read may have been written in a passionate flury with too much coffee

Thursday, June 14, 2007

In response to Celeste's newest post

Please read Celeste's http://ecglassel.blogspot.com/2007/06/anime.html post first before you read my post.

Moral threads are so important to me in my entertainment. Don't get me wrong, I like mindless cute stories, and often I get involved with pop culture that isn't the most moral, but as a whole the literature, movies, fairy tails, etc that are my favorite usually contain some sort of moral story to them. Specifically my favorite is self-sacrifice. My most recent is the newest Pirates of the Caribbean, I'm not going to give the story line away, but there's a huge sacrifice. Other big ones are in Sense and Sensibility when Elinor Dashwood gives up her heart for the honor of Edward Ferrars or Superman protecting humanity buy sacrificing a normal life or Sam Gamgee following Frodo at all costs. There is nothing that shows love more deeply than self-sacrifice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home