Coffee On A Soapbox

Warning, what your are about read may have been written in a passionate flury with too much coffee

Monday, December 04, 2006

Baby, Its Cold outside




My first winter here, apart from Pillsbury, Beth and I bought a ton of pop that was on sale. You know the sale, something ridiculous like 10 cases for $15. So we bring them home and I just wanted to leave them in the trunk because we lived on the 3rd floor. Luckily Beth, being a seasoned Minnesotan, told me we had to bring them up to the apartment because they would explode. This concept was strange to me. Of course I've left can in the freezer before, but I never thought about the fact it's -20 outside with the wind chill. So we brought them in the house safe and sound. Of course the lesson wasn't learned though. Every year I seem to leave some McDonald's cup or as this picture shows this year it was a glass of water I had after a long night of closing at work. Luckily it had enough room to expand.

Look, it's Mittens the Christmas Kitty!

Mittens love this time of year. The real tree is like catnip. It's not always fun to deal with her messing with ornaments and eating pine nettles, but she's just so cute!


2 Comments:

  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger Celeste said…

    I thought our cats would bother the tree much more then they actually are. Chapstick prefers to play with the pine needles floating in the water basin then the branches themselves.

    Mittens is such a cutie!

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger the johnson crew said…

    hi liz.

    how are you? it is cold outside. i am not crazy about that! do you get any free hot drinks at work? lately coffee has been my lifeline! i hope you can meet the kids sometime.

    janelle

     

Post a Comment

<< Home